- 3-star hotel at Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Teahouse twin based sharing room
- 6 Dinners
- 5 Lunches
- 8 Breakfasts
- Explore the diverse landscapes and the vibrant villages of Annapurna.
- Collect the best views of Mt.Dhaulagiri 8167m, Mt. Annapurna I 8091m, Mt.Nilgiri 7040m, Mt.Annapurna south 7219m,
- Mt. Hiunchuli 6441m, Mt. Fishtail/ Machhapuchhare 6998m, Tukuche peak,
- Visit the famous Gurung/Magar village
- Short and sweet trek for the beginner
Ghorepani Poonhill trek offers the best views of mount Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Machhapuchhre. This trekking trail once used by horse caravans traveling between Pokhara and Mustang passes through beautiful Rhododendron forests and Gurung settlements. As you trek along Tadapani and Ghandruk while enjoying stunning mountains and landscape your guide will brief you with interesting details about the region. Throughout the trek, you will stay in a Tea house offering warm Nepalese hospitality.
Enjoy a complimentary airport pickup and transfer to our hotel near Thamel. In the evening take a meandering walk around the heritage sites of Kathmandu and join a welcome dinner with trek briefing. The next day you will join a guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley. Visit the symbolic heritage sites of Kathmandu and observe people and life in action. On the third day, you will take a drive to Nayapul via Pokhara and start the trek alongside the Modi river. You will trek through beautiful Gurung villages of Tikhedhunga, Ulleri, Ghorepani, Tadapani, and Ghandruk. During the trek, you can experience breathtaking views of Mount Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu and other numerous ice-capped peaks. Annapurna conservation area is home to the Snow leopard, Musk deer, pheasants, and records the presence of 97 mammal species, 476 birds, 56 herpeto and two fish species. Fifty-five species of endemic flowering plants and 456 vascular plants have been recorded in the area.
After discovering the beautiful Annapurna conservation area, you will take a drive back to Kathmandu from Nayapul and do amazing activities until your departure.
You arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport. Glacier Nepal trek representatives welcome you at the airport and take you to the hotel by private vehicle. After a short rest, You will meet the guide at our office. you may have some questions about the trekking he will give you to answer the question. Overnight at the hotel
Kathmandu to Pokhara Drive (Around 6- 7 hours) After having breakfast in the morning we drive to Pokhara by tourist bus. It takes around 6- 7 hours to reach Pokhara from Kathmandu. You can also take the flight which takes about 30 minutes and in the remaining time, take your time to explore the Pokhara city and Lakeside. We stay overnight at Pokhara.
Pokhara to Nayapul Drive 1.30 hrs and trek to Tikhedhunga (1577m) – 3 Hours we are going to begin our actual trek from Nayapul. So we take a short drive to Nayapul from Pokhara which takes about an hour. From Nayapul, we take a short walk along the banks of Modi Khola, which brings us to Birethanti (1015m). From there, our trail continues through the village and climbs continuously up the side to the Hille (1495m). We eventually reach Tikhedhunga (1577m) where we stay overnight at a guesthouse.
Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani Trek (2850m) – 6 Hours From Tikhedhunga, we move on towards the steep climb to Ulleri (2010m). Ulleri is a large Magar village. Our trail ascends more gently from this point through fine forests of oak and rhododendrons towards Banthanti (2250m). After walking for a couple of hours, we arrive at Ghorepani (2840m) where we stay overnight.
Early morning Hike up to Poon Hill (3210m) and trek to Tadapani (2610m) – 5 Hours Early in the morning today, we start an hour hiking to Poon Hill (3210m) which is the best viewpoint in the Annapurna Region. Poon Hill offers the best opportunity to witness the phenomenal panorama of the beautiful peaks including Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. Poon Hill is regarded as the Photographer’s paradise. You can enjoy the unobstructed views of the sunrise over stunning snowcapped Himalayas. Poon Hill also offers the best views of sunset too. After spending about an hour at Poon Hill, we return back to Ghorepani. We take our breakfast at Ghorepani and after that, we continue climbing along the ridges through the forest of pines and rhododendron. The climb brings us to Deurali (3200m) and descending further takes us to Tadapani eventually. We stay overnight at a guesthouse in Tadapani (2650m)
This is your final day in Nepal. Glacier Nepal treks representative will drop you at Tribhuwan international airport by privet vehicle. Home sweet home.
Includes & Excludes
- What’s included
- All airport and hotel transfers with private transportation.
- Two night’s accommodation in Kathmandu with Breakfast.
- One night hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- By tourist bus Kathmandu to Pokhara and back to Kathmandu.
- Tea House/ Lodge accommodation including meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during trek.
- Government License holder trekking guide.
- Coverage of guides and porters meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation and
- Other necessary equipment.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee and national park fee.
- Medical kit.
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- Minus 20 sleeping bag and duffle bag need to return after trekking.
- Farewell Dinner after trekking.
- International Flight.
- Extra night at Kathmandu.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu or in Pokhara.
- Trekking (because of any reason) prior to the plan scheduled itinerary.
- Personal nature of expenses such as laundry, telephone call, battery recharge.
- Shopping and hot shower during the trek.
- Laundry, extra porters, beverages etc.
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for guide and porters.
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather condition,
- in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, illness,
- Change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.
Departure Dates for Ghorepani Poonhill Trek - 10 days
Trip reviewsWrite a Review
For our first trek in Nepal this was amazing. From the first point of communication all the way to the end. Meticulously organized, fair price, and most importantly, Rab was an awesome guide to be hanging out with. We not only got a great guide, had a ton of fun and learned a lot about Nepal, but made a friend for life!
Trekking and visiting Nepal has been my #1 dream since I can even remember and expectation were high. Not only were my expectations met but it was even more incredible than I could've imagined. Rabin organized a 5 day trek to Poonhill for us and it was great. We absolutely loved all the guest houses we stayed in, all the places we were taken for food, and more importantly Rabin and Ram (our porter organized by Rabin) were super supportive, patient, and very very fun to hang out with. I didn't expect to laugh so much and have such banter which obviously made the trip even better. I can't speak highly enough of how helpful and friendly they were and what a great experience I had with Glacier Nepal Treks. We didn't have to worry about a single thing other than have the trip of our lives. We will be back!!