Being the nearest trekking destination from Kathmandu, Langtang Valley Trek attracts thousands of local and foreign tourists annually. This 10- days trip starts from Syabru Besi , progresses along the Langtang village and ends at Kyanjin Gompa, from where trekkers can further explore the
nearby viewpoints. Langtang Valley trek is all about exploring the beautiful villages, natural and cultural diversity and the beautiful trails offering breathtaking views of Langtang mountain range. The majestic view of Yala peak from along the trails and Kyanjin Gompa leaves any trekker in awe.
The trek offers memorable walk along the banks of Langtang river right from the starting point to the final station, Kyanjin Gompa. It is an ideal trekking destination for anyone with little time available, however, wishing to experience the best of the Himalayas. Similarly, the trekkers with no previous trekking experience can easily complete this trip by considering general guidelines needed at high altitude.
One of the prime highlights of Langtang valley trek is Langtang village that got completely destroyed in April 2015 earthquake. Despite having faced such a tragedy Langtang is strongly bouncing back to welcome the tourists from every corner of the world. Therefore, Langtang trip offers a golden opportunity for any trekker to understand how the sheer determination can reconstruct a village from the rubbles in no time.
After an early breakfast at the hotel we make our departure from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi our trekking point, which is of 7 hours drive. On the way from Kathmandu we get to observe views of the Himalayan, including the Annapurnas, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and the peaks of the Langtang region. Overnight stay at the local lodge at Syabru Besi.
We start out trek from northwest of Syabru Besi to a suspension bridge over the Bhote Koshi. Turning right at the eastern end of the bridge we walk into a small settlement of Syabru Besi and visit to a Gompa, then follow the stone-paved street to a bridge over the Langtang Khola, trail on the south side of the river, forests- make a steep climb over a rocky ridge, then to a junction from where the trail climbs over and reaches at Rimche and from here descend to Chantang, widely known as Lama Hotel
To begin our trek for the day we start climbing through a forest of hemlocks, oaks, and rhododendrons high above the Langtang Khola, then move to Gumanchok, 15 minutes from here we will be at Ghunama and climb to Ghora Tabela at an elevation of 2970m. From this point we proceed to Chamki through Thaugshyap, then descend into a valley to cross a stream passing several water-driven mills to the large settlement of Langtang. Overnight stay at Langtang Village.
We wind up the trail through the village and climb onto a ridge then steadily climb passing through the small village of Mundu to Sindum. One more hour of walking will reach us to the pastures of Yamphu. Crossing the Laja Khola and weaving through some rocks we climb towards the Kyangjin Gompa. There are lodges in enough number at this place. We spend rest of our day relaxing and exploring the surroundings.
To spend the whole day in Kyangjin and make it a pleasant one we can walk up the moraine north of Kyangjin Gompa to catch the glimpses of the magnificent views of Langtang Lirung, Yansa Tsenji, and Kinshung as well as the foot of the huge Lirung Glacier.
Following the Langtang Khola to Langtang village, we continue retracing the route from Kyangjin to Lama hotel. Overnight stay at Lama hotel.
Includes & Excludes
- All airport and hotel transfer with private transportation.
- By Local bus Kathmandu to Sybrubesi and back to Kathmandu.
- Government License holder trekking guide.
- Coverage of guide meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation and
- Other necessary equipment.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee and Langtang national park fee.
- Medical kit.
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- International Flight.
- Nepal entry visa.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Trekking (because of any reason) prior to the plan scheduled itinerary.
- Personal nature of expenses such as laundry, telephone call, battery recharge.
- Shopping and hot shower during the trek.
- Laundry, extra porters, beverages etc.
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for guide and porters.
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather condition, in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, Illness
- Change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.
- Bar beverage bills.
- Please if you need porter Us 18 per porter per day.