- 3-star hotel at Kathmandu
- Teahouse twin based sharing room
- 9 Dinners
- 8 Lunches
- 9 Breakfasts
Being the nearest trekking destination from Kathmandu, Langtang Valley Trek attracts thousands of local and foreign tourists annually. This 10- days trip starts from Syabru Besi , progresses along the Langtang village and ends at Kyanjin Gompa, from where trekkers can further explore the
nearby viewpoints. Langtang Valley trek is all about exploring the beautiful villages, natural and cultural diversity and the beautiful trails offering breathtaking views of Langtang mountain range. The majestic view of Yala peak from along the trails and Kyanjin Gompa leaves any trekker in awe.
The trek offers memorable walk along the banks of Langtang river right from the starting point to the final station, Kyanjin Gompa. It is an ideal trekking destination for anyone with little time available, however, wishing to experience the best of the Himalayas. Similarly, the trekkers with no previous trekking experience can easily complete this trip by considering general guidelines needed at high altitude.
One of the prime highlights of Langtang valley trek is Langtang village that got completely destroyed in April 2015 earthquake. Despite having faced such a tragedy Langtang is strongly bouncing back to welcome the tourists from every corner of the world. Therefore, Langtang trip offers a golden opportunity for any trekker to understand how the sheer determination can reconstruct a village from the rubbles in no time.
You arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport. Glacier Nepal treks representative welcomes you at the airport and takes you to the hotel by privet vehicle. After a short rest, You will meet the guide at our office. you may have some questions about the trekking he will give you an answer to the question. Overnight at the hotel.
After an early breakfast at the hotel, we make our departure from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi our trekking point, which is 7 hour drive. On the way from Kathmandu, we get to observe views of the Himalayan, including the Annapurnas, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and the peaks of the Langtang region. Overnight stay at the local lodge at Syabru Besi.
We start our trek from northwest of Syabru Besi to a suspension bridge over the Bhote Koshi. Turning right at the eastern end of the bridge we walk into a small settlement of Syabru Besi and visit a Gompa, then follow the stone-paved street to a bridge over the Langtang Khola, trail on the south side of the river, forests- make a steep climb over a rocky ridge, then to a junction from where the trail climbs over and reaches Rimche and from here descend to Chantang, widely known as Lama Hotel
To begin our trek for the day we start climbing through a forest of hemlocks, oaks, and rhododendrons high above the Langtang Khola, then move to Gumanchok, 15 minutes from here we will be at Ghunama and climb to Ghora Tabela at an elevation of 2970m. From this point we proceed to Chamki through Thaugshyap, then descend into a valley to cross a stream passing several water-driven mills to the large settlement of Langtang. Overnight stay at Langtang Village.
We wind up the trail through the village and climb onto a ridge then steadily climb passing through the small village of Mundu to Sindum. One more hour of walking will reach us to the pastures of Yamphu. Crossing the Laja Khola and weaving through some rocks we climb towards the Kyangjin Gompa. There are lodges in enough number at this place. We spend the rest of our day relaxing and exploring the surroundings.
To spend the whole day in Kyangjin and make it a pleasant one we can walk up the moraine north of Kyangjin Gompa to catch the glimpses of the magnificent views of Langtang Lirung, Yansa Tsenji, and Kinshung as well as the foot of the huge Lirung Glacier.
Following the Langtang Khola to Langtang village, we continue retracing the route from Kyangjin to Lama hotel. Overnight stay at Lama hotel.
This is your final day in Nepal. Glacier Nepal treks representative will drop you to Tribhuwan international airport by privet vehicle. Home sweet home.
Includes & Excludes
- All airport and hotel transfer with private transportation.
- Two night’s accommodation in Kathmandu with Breakfast.
- By Local bus Kathmandu to Sybrubesi and back to Kathmandu.
- Tea House/ Lodge accommodation including meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during trek.
- Government License holder trekking guide.
- Coverage of guides and porters meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation and
- Other necessary equipment.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee and national park fee.
- Medical kit.
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- Minus 20 sleeping bag and duffel bag need to return after trekking.
- Farewell Dinner after trekking.
- International Flight.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Trekking (because of any reason) prior to the plan scheduled itinerary.
- Personal nature of expenses such as laundry, telephone call, battery recharge.
- Shopping and hot shower during the trek.
- Laundry, extra porters, beverages etc.
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for guide and porters.
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather condition, in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, Illness
- Change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.
- Bar beverage bills.
Departure Dates for Langtang Valley Trek - 10 days
Trip reviewsWrite a Review
We met Rabin through our hostel in Kathmandu. It was a great first meeting, he answered all of our questions and made sure we were prepared for our trek. From getting our bus tickets, to making sure we wouldn’t eat anything that would make us sick, to his knowledge of the geography, history and customs of the areas we hiked through we were blown away. He was always professional and always courteous. He was clearly well experienced in trekking, but his experience with people in the villages was what made our trek unique. He was welcomed by everyone and would tell us THEIR stories. This was an experience we could not have gained any other way. He is so intelligent and so funny. He was not just our guide, we like to think we made a friend in Nepal