- 3-star hotel at Kathmandu
- Teahouse twin based sharing room
- 19 Dinners
- 18 Lunches
- 21 Breakfasts
Discover the pristine Barun valley and the fifth highest mount Makalu 8481m on a three week trek to Makalu base camp 4870m.
Makalu Base Camp trek offers the magnificent views of mount Makalu, Chamlang (7319m), Baruntse (7129m), and Mera Peak (6654m). The trekking trail passes through 46 Km long Barun valley which inhabits the last remaining pristine forests and alpine meadows. As you trek along Seeduwa and Tashi Gaon while gazing the stunning landscapes your guide will brief you with interesting details about the region. You will acclimatize for a day in Khongma Danda and cross Shipton La before entering into the Barun valley.
Barun valley treasures the last remaining pristine forest and alpine meadows. Makalu Barun conservation area is home to Snow leopard (Uncia uncia), Musk deer (Moschus chrysogaster), and Himalayan black bear (Ursus thibetarus). Bird species symbolic to the Park are the Spiny babbler, Impeyan pheasant, Rufous throated wren babbler, and Slety-bellied tesia. Camping trek along this 46 Km long valley through Yangle kharka and Langmale Kharka you will discover the nature at its supreme state. Ultimately you will get to Makalu Base Camp 4870m from where you will get bold south face of mount Makalu, Everest and Lhotse. Later this day you will explore the surrounding glacier, lakes, ice sheets and your guide will tell you interesting details about its formation. You will trek back following the same trail to Num and fly out to Kathmandu from Tumlingtar.
After the trek you will explore Kathmandu and indulge in amazing activities until your departure.
You arrive at Tribhuwan International Airpot. Glacier Nepal treks representative welcome you at the airport and take you to the hotel by privet vehicle. After a short rest, You will meet the guide at our office. you may have some questions about the trekking he will give you to answer the question. Overnight at the hotel.
This is your final day in Nepal. Glacier Nepal treks representative will drop you to Tribhuwan international airport by privet vehicle. Home sweet home.
Includes & Excludes
- All airport and hotel transfer with private transportation.
- Two times Arrival/Departure.
- Both way flight ticket Kathmandu/Tumlingtar/Kathmandu.
- Transportation by local bus.
- Tea House/ Lodge accommodation including meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during trek.
- Government License holder trekking guide.
- Coverage of guides and porters meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation and
- Other necessary equipment.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee and national park fee.
- Medical kit.
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- Minus 20 sleeping bag and duffle bag need to return after trekking.
- Farewell Dinner after trekking.
- International Flight.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Trekking (because of any reason) prior to the plan scheduled itinerary.
- Personal nature of expenses such as laundry, telephone call, battery recharge.
- Shopping and hot shower during the trek.
- Laundry, extra porters, beverages etc.
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for guide and porters.
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather condition, in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, Illness,
- Change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.
- Bar beverage bills.