- 3-star hotel at Kathmandu
- Teahouse twin based sharing room
- 11 Dinners
- 10 Lunches
- 12 Breakfasts
- Trek in the route where Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary- the first successful Everest summiteers taken.
- Explore the beautiful Sherpa village of Everest including Namche Bazar- The Sherpa Capital.
- Enjoy the side trips to Everest view point and Nagarjun hills for the best mountain views.
- Explore the famous Buddhist monasteries in Tengboche and Dingboche.
- Leave the footprints at Everest Base Camp.
- Collect the best sunrise and sunset views at Kala Patthar.
- Collect the superb views of mountains including Mount Everest- the tallest in the world..
Salleri to Everest Base Camp Trek is also known as the classic Everest base camp trek too. This route was first taken by the first Everest summiteers Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary back in 1953 A.D. The famous trek is also known as Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek as well. The trek starts from Jiri before but due to the availability of the transportation service to Salleri, it is now starting from Salleri. The trek starts with a scenic drive to Salleri. From there it gradually rises up to the famous village of Namche Bazar- which is widely popular as “The Sherpa Capital”. The homage to the famous mountaineers, it is also the biggest business hub in Everest. The side trip of Everest viewpoint is a bonus of the trek where one can collect the 360 views of the mountains including Mount Everest. The route then goes to Tengboche; the famous Tengboche monastery village. Tengboche Monastery is actually the biggest monastery in Everest. And Tengboche village is one of the best places in Everest to collect the best sunrise and sunset views in the Himalayas. The next stop Dingboche is a beautiful settlement in the lap of Mount Ama Dablam. Visiting Everest Base Camp at 5364 meters above the sea level is the ultimate goal of this trekking. The inclusion of Kala Patthar (5545m.)- the best viewpoint to see Everest makes the trip complete. One can collect the best sunrise or sunset views from Kala Patthar. The extended version of Everest Base Camp trek is a tea house type trekking like all trekking in Everest. There are good tea houses with good food and accommodation are available. Like other trekking in Nepal, Salleri to Everest Base Camp Trek is also a seasonal adventure in Nepal. The best time to trek Everest Base Camp is spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November). Trekking in Everest in monsoon is not recommended. Although, trekking in winter is still possible.
The Salleri to Everest Base Camp Trek is a customizable one. Please contact our Nepal trek experts if different Everest Base Camp Trek itinerary is needed.
You arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport. Glacier Nepal treks representative welcomes you at the airport and takes you to the hotel by privet vehicle. After a short rest, You will meet the guide at our office. you may have some questions about the trekking he will give you an answer to the question. Overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast, we start trek before reach banker you can see the beautiful view of mt Thamserku. Today we enter Sagarmatha ( Everest Nepali name) national park. After crossing several times suspension bridge we climb up we will see the first view of Mt. Everest. If you get lucky you may see red panda before reaching Namche bazar. Overnight at Namche bazar
Namche bazar is a gateway to Everest and the biggest village in this region. We hike to Everest view hotel to acclimatization and to see the spectacular view of mt Everest, Lhotse, Amadablam Nuptse, and many other peaks. after heading back to Namche you can also visit the Sagarmatha national park head office, sherpa museum, and market, some café show movie about Everest and sherpa’s overnight at Namche bazaar.
After breakfast, we trek to Kinjoma and ascent to mong-la from here you can see an amazing view of Mt Amadablam, Thamserku and yak Khang then drop down to Dudh Koshi river. Climb up through rhododendron forest to Photse. You can visit a monastery in the evening. overnight at Photse.
We trek ridge of the mountain in this route you will not get any house for the next three hours. Before you left Photse to check your water and any other thing if you need it before reaching Panbuche. now we are at main trekking train like other trekkers crossing mani wall and prayer flags. Now the trail is easier than the last part until Dinboche, now we are at the highest real village in this region where you will potato field. Overnight at Dingboche
Hike to Nagarjuna peak 5000m, it will take several hours to summit and get back to Dingboche, from the top you will see the 5th highest Mt. Makalu 8463m, island peak, Isma valley peak 39, Amadablam, and glaciers. Overnight at Dingboche
The trail is gradual up until the end of the Khumbu glacier, today we gain a few more hundred meters. You have to careful with your pace and guide’s instruction. From Thukla trail is steep up Thukla pass. Now you are at a memorial place where you will see another amazing view of Pumori, Nuptse, Lobuche peak and many more peaks. Labuche lies at the next Khumbu glacier. overnight at Lobuche
Today is one most important day of Everest base camp trek. Heading to Gorakshep and Everest base camp beside the Khumbu glacier all day long above 5000 is must be quite difficult for most of the trekkers. From the Everest base camp, you can see the only top of the mt. Everest, Khumbu icefall and other mountains. After spending some time at base camp we return to Gorakshep. Overnight at Gorakshep.
Today we wake up very early in the morning hike to Kala Patthar, it takes a couple of hours to reach the top. Now you will see the sunrise and spectacular view of Mt.Everest, Nuptse, Pumori, Amadablam, Thamserku, Tabuchi and Khumbu glacier, after some time we walk back to Gorakshep . after having breakfast long day trek down to Panbuche. Overnight at Panbuche.
After having breakfast we walk down to a river, after crossing a suspension bridge we walk through the alpine forest to Dibuche then climb up to Tengboche. We visit the Tengboche monastery. also known as Dawa Choling Gompa is the largest gompa in the Everest region. now the trail is zigzag descent to Phungitanga. Ascent to Kenjoma and get back to Namche bazar. Overnight at Namche bazar.
Today is the last day of the trekking, it steeps downhill until Dudh Kosi river. A passing couple of suspension bridges we exit Sagarmatha national park. Keep walking down to Thadekosi, this is the lowest point of the Everest base camp trek. then the ascent to Lukla. Overnight at Lukla
After having breakfast, fly back Kathmandu or Manthali. It takes a 5-hour drive from Manthali to Kathmandu. Take you to the hotel. After a shower you can visit around Thamel for shopping. We have a farewell dinner in a traditional Nepalese restaurant with cultural dance. Overnight at the hotel.
This is your final day in Nepal. Glacier Nepal treks representative will drop you to Tribhuwan international airport by privet vehicle. Home sweet home.
Includes & Excludes
- All airport and hotel transfer with private transportation.
- One way flight ticket Lukla/Kathmandu.
- By jeep or by bus from Kathmandu to salleri.
- Two night accommodation at Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Tea House/ Lodge accommodation including meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during trek.
- Government License holder trekking guide.
- Coverage of guides and porters meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation and
- Other necessary equipment.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee and Sagarmatha national park fee and local entry fee.
- Medical kit.
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- Minus 20 sleeping bag and duffle bag need to return after trekking.
- Farewell Dinner after trekking.
- International Flight.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Trekking (because of any reason) prior to the plan scheduled itinerary.
- Personal nature of expenses such as laundry, telephone call, battery recharge.
- Shopping and hot shower during the trek.
- Laundry, extra porters, beverages etc.
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for guide and porters.
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather condition, in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, Illness,
- Change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.
- Bar beverage bills.
Departure Dates for Salleri to EBC Trek - 18 days
Trip reviewsWrite a Review
Chandra took my wife and I to Everest BC from Jiri. We had little to no experience trekking prior to this, and were quite nervous. Chandra let us set our own pace, all the while giving us just enough guidance such that we stayed on schedule and on trail. Many a times we would be quietly called off the main trail to see some spectacular view that you would not know about unless you had a skilled guide like Chandra. Chandra knows many residents along main routes of hundreds of treks, and will be able to mobilize help if it is needed. I recommend Glacier Nepal treks very highly. they have a skilled, safe, and accessible guide.