- 3-star hotel at Kathmandu
- Teahouse twin based sharing room
- 20 Dinners
- 19 Lunches
- 23 Breakfasts
Upper Dolpo Trek was open to the trekkers after 1989. Situated between beautiful Dhaulagiri mountain ranges and Tibetan plateau Upper Dolpo attracts the visitor with its unique natural, cultural and historical heritages. The trip begins with arrival at Kathmandu and sightseeing of world heritage sites for couple of days. The trekkers begin the real adventure after a flight to Nepalgunj from Kathmandu and then a connecting flight to Juphal, district headquarters of Dolpa. The trek to mystic Dolpo region starts from Juphal and leads to magnificent mountain passes and mesmerizing Phoksundo Lake, the deepest lake in Nepal. The trails above Phoksundo Lake offer fantastic adventure to take the trekkers to Shey Gompa-an 11th century monastery with archeological, historical and religious importance. From Shey Gompa trekkers follow the ancient salt trading route connecting Tibet and Dolpo region.
Upper Dolpo Region Trek came to limelight after Peter Matthiessen visited the region in 1973 along with a friend to study on study about Himalayan Blue Sheep and Snow Leopard. This popularity of Dolpo region further increased with the release of Oscar-nominated movie Caravan, based on hardships, culture, religion and lifestyle of people of Dolpo. The 4 weeks trek ends at Juphal and flight back to Nepalgunj and then Kathmandu.
You arrive at Tribhuwan International Airpot. Glacier Nepal treks representative welcome you at the airport and take you to the hotel by privet vehicle. After a short rest, You will meet the guide at our office. you may have some questions about the trekking he will give you answer the question. Overnight at the hotel.
This is your final day in Nepal. Glacier Nepal treks representative will drop you to Tribhuwan international airport by privet vehicle. Home sweet home.
Activities:Trekking and Hiking
Includes & Excludes
- All airport and hotel transfers with private transportation.
- Two times Arrival/Departure.
- Flight ticket Kathmandu to Nepalgunj/Juphal /Nepalgunj/Kathmandu.
- Tea House/ Lodge accommodation including meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during trek.
- Government License holder trekking guide.
- Coverage of guides and porters meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation and
- Other necessary equipment.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee and national park fee.
- Medical kit.
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- Minus 20 sleeping bag and duffle bag need to return after trekking.
- Farewell Dinner after trekking.
- International Flight.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Trekking (because of any reason) prior to the plan scheduled itinerary.
- Personal nature of expenses such as laundry, telephone call, battery recharge.
- Shopping and hot shower during the trek.
- Laundry, extra porters, beverages etc.
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for guide and porters.
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather condition, in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, Illness,
- Change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.
- Bar beverage bills